It's been quite some time since I published the first volume of 50 Concept/3D Artists to Inspire and Motivate.
That list is absolutely fantastic, and those are still some of my favorite artists of all time. But it's also just a sliver of the fantastic artists, animators, modelers, and production designers that I draw inspiration from, and I've discovered quite a few new favorites in the past few months.
Since the first article in the series is quite popular, I thought I'd take this opportunity to offer up a volume two. So sit back, make some tea, and enjoy the fireworks:
1. More Industry Classics
In our previous inspiration article we covered some of the biggest names in the history of entertainment design in a section called "legends." But what we offered there was far from comprehensivethere is an incredible tradition of science fiction and fantasy artists that stretches back decades.
Here are a few more "classic" genre illustrators, animators, and designers:
- Ron Cobb - Probably best known for his interior work for the Alien franchise.
- Glen Keane - One of the greatest animators to come out of 90s era Disney.
- Brom - Legendary fantasy/gothic illustrator and concept artist.
- John Berkey - One of the most accomplished science fiction illustrators of all time, with an amazing futurist vision.
- John Harris - More sci-fi covers than you can shake a pencil at.